Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Replacement

This is a story about humanity.

We hold our wires, behind our back, plugged into souls.
We are infinitely more brilliant than those of the past.
The key to everything is locked behind a door that has no walls.

Yet.

We are told to limit ourselves.
We are told to be unique.

But not too unique.

Just the right amount of unique.

Our fingers are spiders.
Spinning a web everywhere we go.
Getting tangled in the halls.
Leaving our business in every crevice.
Every crack.

How can we be told to be unique?
When everyone is just trying to survive this sticky mess we've been wrapped in.

Our wires rust.
Replacement is necessary.

But life goes on.
Our soul is absorbed to that room with no walls.
Twirling in endless space.
Perhaps making the acquaintance of some other poor soul.

So be unique.
Be a machine.
You'll make a nice replacement.

Hmm. That wasn't really the best story I've ever told.








4 comments:

  1. I loved the opening paragraph! I like the whole concept of our "wires". Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I liked your last line.

    This made sense to me. Be unique, but not too unique.

    And that idea of being replaced. Made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when people discover the truth and can word it in a pleasurable way.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy this whole post.

    "Our fingers are spiders.
    Spinning a web everywhere we go.
    Getting tangled in the halls.
    Leaving our business in every crevice.
    Every crack"

    this paragraph intrigued me

    ReplyDelete